Quint 2614 is a 2009 KME 75′ Quint Truck. It is a full Class A pumper with a 75′ Aerial ladder on top.
The name Quint is derived from the Latin prefix quinque-, meaning five, and refers to the five functions that a quint provides:
pump, water tank, fire hose, aerial device, and ground ladders. 2614 Features:
- 75′ aerial device (with a pre-piped waterway)
- 2000 GPM pump
- 500 gallons of water
- 1000′ 5″ Supply Hose
- 300′ 3″ Supply/Attack Hose
- 500′ 1 3/4″ Pre-connected Attack Hose
- 150′ 2″ Pre-connected Attack Hose
- 115′ of ground ladders
- Portable rescue tools including AMKUS Spreader and Cutter
- EMS supplies (O2 and an A.E.D.)
- Electronically Secured Knox-Box Key
Quint 2614 is first due to all calls within fire District 1’s hydranted area and available to surrounding municipalities as needed through mutual aid agreements. The career staff and volunteers has been rigorously trained on this truck since its arrival on 10.05.2009. Our training is never complete, so expect to see the truck outside of the firehouse or on the road as we find new and better ways to protect you, our neighbors.